Article: How To Compose And Send An Email From CMW
December 26, 2016 20:58, submitted by Tucker Garrison
The process for creating and sending an email is a little convoluted, but it does work.
To create and send an email you need admin privileges on the website. If you do not have admin privileges and need to send an email contact Tucker Garrison firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two steps involved, creating the email and sending the email.
Creating an email
On the upper admin line click on Emails.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the + sign
- This should bring up a New Email page. Fill in the subject and the body.
- After composing the email click on 'markdown' in the Markup filter box.
Follow this link for information on using markdown. http://www.carolinamountainwoodturners.org/articles/493
-Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Create Email
Sending an email
- On the upper admin line click on 'Member Profiles'
- In the box next to the the search tab select 'active', this should bring up 600+ members. The actual emails sent will be about 100 less since email will not be sent to honorary members.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the upward arrow (email all members in the search results)
- This should bring up a page with directions for sending emails.
- Step 1: Select Members - this has already been done.
- Step 2: Select Email - click on the 'Last' tab since the newest emails are at the end of the list. Click on the radio button next to the email you want to send.
- Step 3: Click on the 'Send Email To Selected Members' tab
This should send the an email to the members selected. Emails are sent at a rate of about 1 per second. Click on the 'Mailings' tab on the admin line to see the progress of emails sent.