Event: Open Turning
FEBRUARY 18 at TLC - Flat Rock, NC
OPEN TURNING/INFORMATION SESSION WITH EXPERT ADVISERS.
We are pleased to announce that Tucker Garrison, Thom Crothers and Greg Schramek will be at TLC on Sunday February 18 to assist in an 'open' turning session.
Bring you wood, tools, safety gear and questions. There will be over a hundred years of quality, unparalleled experience there to share.
- Ever wanted to know the best way to mount a particular piece of wood to maximize grain, shape or limit wastage?
- Need tips on finishing? Color? Polishing?
- Want a primer on sharpening or tool usage or purchase?
- Want to show folks something you have learned?
- Want to share extra wood you are trying to get out of your shop????
This is an open session. Just show up and participate. Even the most seasoned turner might learn something or could share with their knowledge with someone else. This is a great opportunity to see the Herman Center with no pressure to perform or finish on a schedule. Bring a lunch and be prepared to clean up when asked.
Please arrive around 8:45AM and expect to leave around 4 PM.
FYI - there is a Dunkin' Donuts shop at Exit 53 on I-26 and everyone loves a donut on Sunday mornings...... Just saying.
Have fun and enjoy the great members of the CMW.
Directions to the Herman Center in Flat Rock, NC 5628 Howard Gap Road, Flat Rock NC From I-26 take the Upward Road exit (exit 53) Go east on Upward Road for 1.1 miles Turn left on Howard Gap Road for .7 miles Arrive at 5628 Howard Gap Road on the left. http://www.carolinamountainwoodturners.org/articles/512