Interested in getting a shirt embroidered with the CMW Logo?
Contact Sallie Salley. She can provide the shirts or embroider shirts provided to her. Her phone number is 828-258-2975 and she lives in Asheville.
CMW needs your help! Our club is run completely by volunteer time. If you can help us with setup, refreshments, clean-up, video system, library, TLC, etc, please contact anyone on the Board of Directors.
Did you know that we have a mobile learning center? Our TLC (Turning Learning Center) is made-up of a pull-behind trailer that contains 10 Jet Mini-Lathes, lathe tools, face masks, and more. The TLC may be available for you to teach a class! Over 90 classes have been taught so far! We also need volunteer assistants.
The Folk Art Center has asked us to:
- Park in the marked areas. Generally, this is the lower parking lot. This prevents patrons of the Allanstand store from having to walk too far.
- Do not bring food or drink outside of the auditorium.
- Do not bring food or drink into the seating area of the auditorium. Food is allowed on the auditorium's floor level.
- Relay all questions about the building (unlock doors, heating, cooling, electrical, etc) via Tucker Garrison or John Hill. (They were getting many requests per day for the same things).
- Please use the back doors to the auditorium in the mornings for setup. These doors will be unlocked between 9:00 and 9:05. Whenever possible, remain in the auditorium area - with doors to the FAC closed - until after 9:10.